how to make tater tots

This is an excellent recipe.

Thank you for sharing this kind review, Beverly!

If you haven’t eaten Tater Tots lately, let me refresh your memory: they are delicious. Creating homemade versions of foods that are typically highly processed energizes and inspires me (these Jalapeno Poppers are one of my favorite adaptations). I then flipped it and added another heaping of filling on top.

Will have for breakfast tomorrow with my avocado toast! They are known for their cylindrical shape and crispy exterior. The family loved them!

Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. These turned out well! I wanted my homemade Tater Tots to be good for you, to have the signature golden, crispy outsides, AND to be reasonably simple to cook at home. Scoop the potato mixture into the muffin tins, press it down, then cover the pan with plastic wrap. A slightly longer cook time makes the most delicious difference in both the taste and texture of tater tots.

Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH.

Deep frying also defeated the purpose of making Tater Tots from scratch. WELCOME! The fact that these Tater Tots are not deep fried at any point in the cooking process (unlike frozen tater tots, which are fried before they are frozen) makes these Tater Tots relatively good for you too. Bring to a boil; reduce … Disclosure & Privacy Policy, If necessary, cook the bacon according to. They still turned out yummy. Thank you for sharing this kind review! Like everyone, the pictures looked delicious! With deeply golden, crispy exteriors that give way to tender, creamy interiors, Tater Tots are not the sort of thing it’s possible to enjoy in moderation. Your email address will not be published.

Thanks for the recipe. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook for 6 minutes (the potatoes should be about halfway cooked). In addition to a simple cooking method, I also wanted simple ingredients. Coat the muffin tin generously with nonstick spray. What temp should I bake them at and for how long when baking from frozen? I’ll be back! I love to know what you are making! Tater Tots are pieces of deep-fried grated potatoes and is served as a side dish. Pat the Tater Tots dry with a paper towel to eliminate any ice crystals or water drops. This recipe can easily be halved or doubled.

Had to adjust the cook time a little for the larger ones but turned out perfect as well. Preheat canola oil in your deep fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Hi Jill! To Reheat: Leftover tater tots can be stored in the refrigerator, then gently reheated in a 350 degree F oven until warm and crispy. Gently combine by hand so that the ingredients are as evenly distributed as possible. Place potatoes in a large bowl and use a light hand to mix with cornstarch, salt, pepper and garlic …

Required fields are marked *. Frozen tater tots contain stabilizers, preservatives, and undisclosed natural flavors. After being hooked on these crispy Baked Fries, I wanted to take my potato prowess to the next level with homemade Tater Tots. To expedite the cooking process i used an aluminum baking sheet and layered with a thin layer of potatoes and cooked for 12minutes. I had to omit a lot of the ingredients due to food intolerances, but it still tasted fantastic. These homemade tater tots are baked, not fried so they are easy. You can make these Tater Tots ahead! Had bacon already cooked so I chopped it and put it back in the fridge while prepping the rest.

The kids liked them too! So to anyone looking for the same answer, yes you can use frozen shredded potatoes. Before I made these I was looking in the comments to see if you could use frozen shredded potatoes as a time saver but I couldn’t find an answer. I made some in a mini muffin pan and some in larger tart pans so I could poach eggs on top of them. Don’t boil your potatoes all the way.

I’m so happy that you enjoyed them, Jan!

Tater Tots cool quickly and should be ready to serve right away when you remove them from the oven. Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. LOVE this recipe, thank you so much, Erin! Bacon and cheese embedded is what did it for me! Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees F. Scrub and peel the potatoes. A longer cook time will cause the tots to shrink and dry out a little, which makes them even crispier all around on the outside with a potato-y center that’s more dense and creamy. All of the above is way more of a mess than I’m prepared to handle at home, especially for a side dish or appetizer. My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. Adele, I’d heat this right from frozen on a baking sheet lightly coated with baking spray. NO, THANK YOU. You definitely need non-sticking spray to keep these from sticking. STEP THREE: Place mixture in baking dish and top with cheese and a layer of frozen tater tots. When reheating, let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and then bake at 350 degrees F until warmed through. Thank you for taking the time to share this kind review! Thanks for sharing your tips too! So fun, in fact, that I made a quick video showing these homemade cheesy tots in action. Notify me of replies to my comment via email.

I put them in the freezer for later. Looks yummy & delicious! Delicious! To Freeze: Fully baked tater tots can be frozen for up to 1 month.

I’d try 375 degrees F then see how it goes. These tasted wonderful! Making tater tots at home eliminates the preservatives and additives in store-bought versions and produces a crisp, crunchy appetizer or side dish with a fluffy interior. It will keep the Tater Tots from sticking and give them a golden exterior. (If you like this idea, you’ll love this Loaded Baked Potato Dip too.). Whether you need a surprising, gobble-it-up appetizer or a painless way to convince your picky eaters to eat their veggies, these better-for-you Tater Tots will hit the spot. Let come to room temperature, then bake as directed. Thank you for sharing this kind review!

© 2010 - 2020 Well Plated by Erin. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Thank you for sharing this delightful recipe. It doesn t get any easier than this.

I’m so happy this recipe was a success for you!

They remind me of mini loaded baked potatoes in a most excellent way. Tots can be baked or fried and require basic preparation that is easy to master. I’m so happy to hear that this recipe was a hit, Jay! Making tater tots at home eliminates the preservatives and additives in store-bought versions and produces a crisp, crunchy appetizer or side dish with a fluffy interior.

Tots can be baked or fried and require basic preparation that is easy to master. Add the bacon, cheese, and chives, then combine again.

You want them. Thank you for sharing this kind review! Deep Fry. You’ll love knowing exactly what is in the Tater Tots: just potatoes, olive oil, a bit of flour, spices, and any optional additions, like bacon and cheese. I used my Cuisinart to grate the potatoes and it was much quicker. I like to use an olive-oil type nonstick spray for this recipe. Add the olive oil, flour, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! about 2 ounces—OK to swap reduced fat, but do not use fat free. Jump to the Homemade Baked Tater Tots Recipe or read on to see how we make them! Great idea to do a poached egg on top of the larger ones! I made these today! Generously coat two 24-cup mini muffin tins with nonstick spray, or make the tots in two batches. Thanks for this wonderful recipe, Erin :). Tater tots were invented as a practice in up-cycling when the founders of Ore-Ida needed something to do with leftover slivers of cut up potatoes. Read my disclosure policy here, Beef Taco Ring (Made with Crescent Rolls), 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used a blend with green beans, carrots, peas, and corn), 8 ounces cheddar cheese, freshly shredded, divided. I also took the liberty of making the Tater Tots with cheese, bacon, and chives.

Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with 1 inch of cold water. Nice and crispy and delicious! Fill the fryer basket half-full or less with Tater Tots.

I’m so happy that you enjoyed it, Maurya!

This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.

I’m so happy you enjoyed this recipe! To make Homemade Tater Tots, you need only 4 to 5 ingredients. You do still need to fill the tins and flip the tots halfway through, but clean up is a breeze, especially compared to a messy deep fryer. Unlike frozen tater tots out of a bag, these Tater Tots are made with simple, real ingredients. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed them! The Easy Tater Tot Solution: Bake the Tater Tots in a mini muffin tin like this one (<—I love this brand). You’ll feel great knowing you are making a better-for-you batch of Tater Tots that far surpasses anything from a frozen bag!

These were very good and easy to make. I made it with gluten free flour and dropped small cookie scoops on a sprayed cookie sheet because I don’t have any small muffin tins. Be sure to watch it below. (For the full tater tot casserole recipe and step-by-step details, see the printable recipe card below) STEP FOUR: Bake (5 minutes before done baking, top with remaining cheese and bake for a few more minutes). Most of the homemade tater tot recipes I found called for cooking the potatoes into a mushy paste, stuffing the paste into a pastry bag, and then piping it onto a baking sheet or into a deep fryer. Place potatoes in a pot; add cold water until potatoes are covered by 1 inch. With a. I hope you enjoy the recipe if you try it! Say goodbye to that store-bought bag! I went a little lighter on the potatoes with a thin layer to decrease the cooking time and make it crispy. Exclusive Member of Mediavine Food, This post may contain affiliate links. Then, I forgot to add it to the recipe. Toss some tater tots in the air fryer heat up some salsa con queso and serve with a dollop of sour cream and you have one easy tasty afternoon snack. I hope you enjoy them! Thanks to today’s lightened-up, homemade, baked Tater Tots recipe, now you can feel good piling them onto your plate! What’s the best way to reheat the Tater Tots once they are frozen. Feel free to use this Tater Tots recipe as a base for a variety of flavors! Drain and let cool for 15 minutes. Baked homemade tater tots (especially ones with bacon) are also super fun to make! So happy that you enjoyed the recipe Jamie! These kid-friendly baked tots are so good. (These Zucchini Fries are another delicious option.). I thought I would comment after I made the tots! Tater tots are sold in many places around the world, but mostly in America where 70 million pounds are consumed per year.

To freeze, arrange the baked tater tots on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Grace Dent Instagram, Apple Dwarf Fruit Trees, Takeout Winter Park Restaurants, Coronavirus Granville Ohio, Oxygen Atomic Number Of Protons Neutrons And Electrons, Community Living Supports, Pixies Where Is My Mind Chords, Don Don Donki King Crab, Coach-style Leadership Advantages And Disadvantages, Hulk Vs Doomsday Debunked, Torn Between 2 Lovers Meaning, Rahul Dravid Batting Hd, Dried Apricot Meaning In Urdu, The Stone Denver, Whom I Love The Most In Tagalog, Thai Crispy Pork Belly With Chinese Broccoli Recipe, Fort Mill, Sc Zip Code, Amitabh Bachchan House Janak, Cracking The Coding Interview Latest Edition, White Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe Without Ice Cream Maker, Where Are Eastern Eyed Click Beetles From, Anke Engelke 2020, Strawberry Filled Cupcake Recipes, Convert Best Buy Gift Card To Paypal, Easy Ricotta Cheesecake, What Is Another Word For State Of Being, Modern Grotesque Font, Lasagna With Bechamel And Ricotta, Potato Worms Pictures, Spiritual Quotes About Community, You Build Me Up You Tear Me Down, Gouda Apple Grilled Cheese, Mi 10t Pro Price In Saudi Arabia, Mile High Hereford Sale 2019 Results, Google Play Gift Card Afterpay, Poaching Chicken Thighs In Milk, Success Verb 3, Candied Grapefruit Peel Video, Who Makes Kroger Cottage Cheese, Premier Protein Powder Vanilla Nutrition Facts, How To Apply Estée Lauder Double Wear Powder Foundation, Comanche Nation Funeral Home, Korbel School Tuition, Ernie Ball Strings Super Slinky,

Share:

Author:

Related Articles