The Board of International Theological Mission
The Board of International Theological Mission:
President: Gordon Parkinson — (989) 723-4804
Secretary: Gayle Thomas — firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Bob Adcock — email@example.com
Executive Director: Dr. Don E. Galardi — firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Don E. Galardi (email@example.com) is a retired pastor in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. He served the same congregation for thirty-nine years in Owosso, Michigan. During his pastorate he was active in both the local community and service within his denomination. His educational experience includes a Bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies, a Master’s degree from Reformed Theological Seminary and a Doctorate from Trinity Theological Seminary. His dissertation on “Corrective Church Discipline” has now been translated into Spanish. He has also studied the life of Christ in Israel and the historical city sites of the Book of Revelation (chapters 2-3) in the country of Turkey.
Dr. Galardi has been very active in missions over the past seventeen years. He has taught in Russia, Guatemala, Peru, Ecuador, and Colombia SA, and now serves as adjunct faculty for two seminaries located in Medellin, Colombia SA. He has taught many courses including Covenant Theology, The Story of The Seven Churches of Revelation, The Moral Law, The Sermon on the Mount, What is Reformed Theology, The Doctrines of Grace, Introduction to Systematic Theology, Pastoral Theology and Apologetics.
For the past twelve years he has been mostly teaching in Colombia, S.A. and more recently presenting conferences on the topic of sexual purity. The conference highlights God’s intent for sexuality bringing attention to the many ways His intent has become distorted because of sin. The three part presentation emphasizes the internet because of its easy access to pornography. Dr. Galardi believes that internet pornography is the chief way that the Powers of Darkness are destroying the holiness of the church. It is a moral pollution of the heart and a pandemic for the Church of Jesus Christ. The conference is designed for both pastors and church members.
Dr. Galardi adheres to the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Essentials statement of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church.
All Scripture is self-attesting and being Truth, requires our unreserved submission in all areas of life. The infallible Word of God, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is a complete and unified witness to God’s redemptive acts culminating in the incarnation of the Living Word, the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible, uniquely and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, is the supreme and final authority on all matters on which it speaks. On this sure foundation we affirm these Essentials:
1. We believe in one God, the sovereign Creator and Sustainer of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. To Him be all honor, glory and praise forever!
2. Jesus Christ, the living Word, became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. He who is true God became true man united in one Person forever. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. On the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Mediator.
3. The Holy Spirit has come to glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to our hearts. He convicts us of sin and draws us to the Savior. Indwelling our hearts, He gives new life to us, empowers and imparts gifts to us for service. He instructs and guides us into all truth, and seals us for the day of redemption.
4. Being estranged from God and condemned by our sinfulness, our salvation is wholly dependent upon the work of God’s free grace. God credits His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, thereby justifies them in His sight. Only such as are born of the Holy Spirit and receive Jesus Christ become children of God and heirs of eternal life.
5. The true Church is composed of all persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ and the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit are united together in the body of Christ. The Church finds her visible, yet imperfect, expression in local congregations where the Word of God is preached in its purity and the sacraments are administered in their integrity; where scriptural discipline is practiced, and where loving fellowship is maintained. For her perfecting, she awaits the return of her Lord.
6. Jesus Christ will come again to the earth—personally, visibly, and bodily—to judge the living and the dead, and to consummate history and the eternal plan of God. “Even so, come, Lord Jesus” (Revelation 22:20).
7. The Lord Jesus Christ commands all believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world and to make disciples of all nations. Obedience to the Great Commission requires total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.” He calls us to a life of self-denying love and service. “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them” (Ephesians 2:10).
These Essentials are set forth in greater detail in the Westminster Confession of Faith. Go to the EPC website to download the Westminster Confession.